Saturday, February 21, 2009

Outta tune much?




Note to all...
This post is one day late...
I was supposed to post it yesterday...
But due to technical complications I'm posting it now...



I went for my violin lesson just now in the afternoon...
And when I got there...
I greeted my teacher sheepishly
Hehe...

Hi, teacher... *grins*

So did you practise?

Erm...Yes... Kinda...
(I only practised the songs that I liked and those easy ones...)

How many times?

Not many... *grins again*

Ooookay... *frowning slightly* Lets start with the scales...

A major...

*Scccrrrreeeeeeeeeecccchhhhhh*

Oh my Gawd!!!!

It sounded more like fingernails scratching a blackboard!!!
It was horrible...
My scales were horrible, lousy, bad, terrible... and so on...

So now it was plain that I didn't practise...
Hehe...

I couldn't even shift properly!!!

And worse of all my vibrato was plain lousy!!!
Omigod...
He told me it sounded like an orchestra of insects >> meaning cicadas...
It's not my fault my fingers don't have enough stamina to keep trembling!!!

That's what you get for not practicing...
I thought...
Haha...
Made a mental note to myself to practice loads...

So...
When I got back
I decided to practice straight away after lunch...

To my horror...
When I plucked the strings...
(Nah it didn't snap if that's what you thought)
The E string was horribly out of tune!!!
And when I checked... The sound was as low as B...
There's a big gap between E to B...

So... I tried with all my might to tune it right...
But instead I got stuck with E flat in the end...



See the red circle there??
See? E flat!!!
I didn't dare to tune it again...
Coz I was sure the string would probably snap again...
Like it did so many times...
A string which is out of tune is much better than I snapped string...
And besides... The string is rusting...


See the red circle??
See that?!
The E string has already started rusting!!!
One of these days...
It'll snap for sure!!!

Oh and btw...
I'm only an amateur...
I've only learned it for 3 years only...
It doesn't sound as impressive as it is....
Believe me...
= =
And my violin is not really very good...
But I love it still the same...

Oh and I find it peculiar that both my piano and violin have something wrong with the E note...
Coincidence much?



Look on the bright side...
I have a proper excuse to not practice again...
Akakakakakaka!!!
With the violin out of my way I can turn on the computer for a longer time!!!
Akaka...
And of course not to mention,
Finish conquering the Dark Lord reading Harry Potter!!! again...
^___^








~*cheerio*~






6 comments:

DSYF said...

Aww... violin...
Too bad i don't have the money to learn...

Ryo Helmenkalastaja said...

Yeah, i wish for my own violin too, i've been using one that belongs to my friend..

Hmm, why i feel as tho your violin's bigger than the one my friend has?

Spiral Riynn said...

Dalet
Hehe^^ It's not really that expensive... Really...

IceGlacial:
Oh... That's good...
Maybe that's because of the angle of the picture...

sing said...

wow! Geng! You know how to play violin..
wish to listen to you one day. ^^

Arliexzter Galliarno said...

Harry Potter book looks like a bible!

Spiral Riynn said...

bible o.0'''