Thursday, October 16, 2008

Death or Deaf??

After reading this, you may understand the title... Or not...

Well, it started like this... I have Chinese tuition every Wednesday night at my friend's house(her mom's a teacher). We were doing our work whilst chatting away... And some how we managed to bring in the word death... I forgot how the conversation really started but here...

Actually it was I who said 'Death Note'... And since my English is a bit weird, those who have heard would understand... I pronounced the word 'Death' like 'Death~th' something like when your tongue touches the upper part of your mouth (or teeth) when you speak the word... I doubt you'll understand so lets move along... When I said it out loud, all I got in return was a loud reply from all 3 of my friends "It's deaffff~~!!! Not Death~th!!!"

I was like, huh? Deaf?? That's even worse... So was it death~th or deaff~?? Of course it was death~th!! I was so frustrated that I even asked my mom to confirm it... And her pronunciation was of course the same like mine... So haha, in your face!!

Btw, the conversation was in Chinese only the word 'death' was in Englishhhh~~... I know, my english accent is weirder than weird, but my mom taught me that, so to all who think my accent is weird, shove your nose off!!!

No comments: