Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Venue or Revenue??

This happened days ago... Our class were having an English lesson Pn. Nair.... We were sorta doing comprehension when we stumbled upon the word 'revenue', recognize it??

Well my classmates and I recognized part of the word and assumed it had the same meaning as 'venue'... Blahh... I can't believe I thought the same too...

Then the teacher told us to read it carefully and then she wrote this on the board...

venue = place
revenue = ??

... Then one of my friends blurted out, " Well duh, its replace..." Our teacher was speechless, and we were laughing like hell... Get it?? "Replace"?? This seemed like simple logic, indeed it was, kinda like solving an equation in Math... But... this was a language lesson... Hahaha... Sometines English is extremely weird... (Read my old post>> Weird English for Lunatics




Actually, revenue meant income, especially that which the government receives as tax... Hehe...

No comments: